North Carolina is home to nearly 800 million chickens, 30 million turkeys and 10 million pigs, making it one of the leading producers of poultry and pork in this country. No matter where you live, North Carolina animal products are going to your state.
That’s why it’s everyone’s problem that North Carolina is dangerously close to passing an ag-gag law that would prevent investigations on factory farms and keep animal abuse and food safety concerns out of public sight.
The bill, H.B. 405, is heading to North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory’s desk and he has only 10 days to veto it before it becomes law.
Whether or not you live in North Carolina, you can help! If you believe those who blow the whistle on animal abuse and protect our food supply are heroes, not criminals, please take these actions today to help ensure this bill does not become law:
North Carolina residents:
- Call Governor McCrory’s office at (919) 814-2000 and leave a polite message urging him to veto H.B. 405.
- Follow up on your call by emailing the Governor using this online form with the same message.
- Tweet at Governor McCrory asking him to veto the ag-gag bill. You could tweet something like: Animals shouldn’t suffer in secret! @PatMcCroryNC, please veto HB405! #NCAgGag #NCpol
- Share this post and the card below with your friends and social media networks, asking everyone to take action today!
Not in North Carolina? Your voice is critical, too! Because your dollars support North Carolina businesses, you can still help by letting Governor McCrory know that you’ll lose trust in North Carolina businesses if ag-gag becomes law.
- Tweet at Governor McCrory, the North Carolina Chamber of Commerce and the North Carolina Retail Merchants Association to let them know that you won’t trust North Carolina products or businesses if ag-gag prevents whistleblowers from coming forward in the state.
You can post these pre-drafted messages, or use your own:
#NCAgGag puts ALL consumers at risk! @PatMcCroryNC, please veto HB405!
.@NCChamber @NCRMA @PatMcCroryNC #NCAgGag is everyone’s problem. What is NC trying to hide?
- Next, share the card below with your social media networks to show you stand with North Carolina!
Thank you for speaking up for farm animals, America!